Monday 8 July 2013

Suffering from a serious case of wanderlust.

Evening lovelies!

I wanted to share some photos from my recent holiday/city break. I went to Amsterdam for 3 nights; after coming back, going straight back to work and developing a horrible cold- it's fair to say I'm missing it, a lot!

I filmed a couple of small clips whilst there, nothing fancy- just some sights to soak in.



I had such a lovely time; I've never really travelled much, the first abroad holiday I went on was to New York 2 years ago, I returned there and aside from Dublin that's pretty much all I've seen outside of England. Perhaps I'm too accustomed to the New York style holiday, but for a city break this was so relaxing.
It's no secret that Amsterdam has it's 'dark' side (although, logistically, I understand why the city functions as it does) but I would still recommend this place to everyone. My friend and I certainly didn't go there as we're interested in legal drugs or prostitution, and we had an amazing time- so there really is more to it than what it's well known for!
The people are polite and helpful, the city is beautiful, the architecture is also beautiful and there's something about it that just seems way too relaxed to be taken seriously as a city. We spent most of our time accidentally finding places we had intended to go to (Dam Square, Red Light District, Plaza Shopping Centre, to name a few) but it was lovely to have a couple of days with no schedule, no worrying about time and literally just ending up wherever our legs walked us to.
In the oh-so intelligent words of me (said in a west country accent) we really were 'Ladies that does leisure.' How I miss that feeling!

It's not a place I'd necessarily rush back to as there's so much of Europe I really want to visit, but I'd never pass up an opportunity to return and I'm so glad I've been.




There was a cute little cafe near our hotel, we love a habit so visiting here became the morning must!


Not the most flattering of photos, but I was feeling particularly chirpy so it's okay!

I'd share more photos, but if you've ever been to Amsterdam, you'll know that there are so many photos of rivers, buildings and bikes you can show people before they start getting incredibly bored!

Until next time!

- K
x


5 comments:

  1. Read this & loved it. You look like you had an amazing time. First time I've read your blog & will definitely be reading more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! It definitely was an excellent trip, I miss it a lot now! x

      Delete
  2. Love the post! Cute photo xx

    Http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete