Friday 28 June 2013

Imagine That *FOTD*

Hi Lovelies!!

I'm here today with a simple make up look! I had found myself stuck in a rut with make up, with very limited time to have fun with it (which is the whole point, right?!) However, I had a day off work and neglected all other responsibilities to have a bit of a play around.
(Please do excuse the photos, I have a new camera that I'm trying to get the hang of!) 


Products Used:

Collection Concealer (1-Fair)
MAC Studio Fix Fluid (NW10)
Collection Shimmer Shades (Way to Glow)
Dainty Doll Cream Blusher (001)
Too Faced Candlelight Glow
L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Powder (Light Ivory)
Benefit High beam
Urban Decay Brow Box (Sugar)
Urban Decay Ammo Palette
Illamasqua Pure Pigment (Alluvium)
MAC Pencil Eyeliner (Black)
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Lush Bubblegum Lipscrub
Illamasqua Lipstick (Corrupt)
MAC Lipstick (Sounds like Noise)


Face


I started off by covering blemishes and red patches with the Collection concealer, blending out with a small brush. I then used a larger brush to apply my foundation and then used my fingers to make sure it was all blended evenly. 
For contouring, I used the Collection Shimmer Shades palette and simply grazed my brush over all of the shades and then blended upwards towards my cheek bones, then lightly dusted powder along my temples and jaw line. (This is supposed to make your cheek bones look more defined...whether this works or not on me, I'm not convinced!) 
To add some colour to the apples of my cheeks, I applied the Dainty Doll cream blusher with my finger tips. To lift my complexion, I used the Too Faced Candle light glow and applied this over my cheeks and slightly down my nose with a brush. 
To seal this all in, I used my trusty L'Oreal Bare Naturale face powder. 

Eyes


I always start off with my eyebrows, by the time my is covered in make up they seem to disappear and I look like a bit of an alien. At the moment, I'm using the shade 'Sugar' from the Urban Decay Brow Box. I simply use an angled brush and powder over my natural eyebrows. 
For the main look, I used 'Polyester Bridge' from the Urban Decay Ammo Palette and used this to cover my eyelids and slightly under my brow bone. I then used 'Alluvium' by Illamasqua and applied a thin line along my eyelid crease and eyelash line (about half way along) then used a blending brush to blend it outwards. To add a bit more definition, I used the MAC black eyeliner along my lash line and slightly under my water line, again blending it out to keep the look subtle. 
To finish it off, I applied a thin layer of Benefit They're Real Mascard. 

Lips


I opted for a slightly more daring look. 
I posted a tutorial on how to do gradient lips, take a look



And there we have it! I'm left feeling like I've made a valiant effort with my make up whilst not going too wild with it, giving myself a new everyday look!

What do we think? :)

-K
x





2 comments:

  1. I love the combination of products you've used and the final look is great! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, apparently my aim was to see how many products I could use haha! xo

      Delete