Wednesday 23 January 2013

From the perfect start, to the finish line. *FOTD*

Today's post is a bit of an experimental one! I thought it might be quite nice (possibly more so for me) to start a 'Face of the day' (FOTD) post. Now I can't say I'll be doing this every day once I'm back at Uni, but sometimes I find it's nice to document what make up looks I've been particularly happy with so I can go back to them if needs be! Hopefully, some of you might find this helpful too.

Today's look was based around a suggestion by Hannah (who blogs over at Daisies and DMs) so thank you for that!
You might have seen yesterday's review post on Illamasqua's Liquid Metal, and I wasn't completely sold on it! Ditto for the Too Faced Candlelight Glow. Hannah suggested (/requested haha) I try the Liquid Metal over the top of black eyeliner. So...hopefully I've done it correctly and this will give a good idea of what the outcome is like with the combination of the two. 

(Excuse the light glare!) 

As you can see this is a fairly simple look, nothing too fancy but I think quite nice for a night out or something! I'll include a list of products at the bottom of this post, but for the overall look I'm simply wearing foundation, highlighter, blush, red lipstick, and black eyeliner underneath Liquid Metal. 

Now for a close up!


I much prefer the look of the Liquid Metal over the top of black eyeliner (I simply used a kohl liner to cover my lids and used a brush to blend it outwards, and then a different brush to blend on the Liquid Metal.) However, my previous problem with the Liquid Metal of creasing is still there which is a shame! More experimenting to be done. 


And talking of experimenting, I think I'm getting to grips with my Too Faced Highlighter. I started off with my Tarte Amazonian blusher and brushed very softly up on to my cheekbones- paying particular attention to the very top. I used the highlighter above the blusher and again down the side of my nose. I think I quite like the way this looks. Unfortunately it doesn't show up quite so well on camera. 

Make Up Used: 

HD Brows Eyebrow Palette (Bombshell) 
-K
x

2 comments:

  1. Haha yayyy you did it! I feel influential ahaha. I love how this looks though, it suits you so much!! Flawless makeup xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahha you definitely influenced this post! Thank you :):) xox

      Delete