Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Pogues

The Pogues



Crop top / ASOS acid wash jeans, £33 / Resin jewelry, £2.46 / Dorothy Perkins , £17 / Ace Black / Georgia Knitted Coat With PU Sleeves And Pockets at boohoo.com

I've vaguely based this outfit around 'The Fairytale of New York' video by The Pogues...which suitably enough, is my favourite christmas song! I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm a complete scrooge around christmas time, I just tend not to get excited over it, and I think that song fits with that pretty well.

I've seen a lot of holiday season outfit posts, so I thought I'd make my own- with a twist.
Being a Brit, I find myself getting stuck in the habit of dressing like the weather- a bit dark, a bit dreary. I wanted to prove to myself that I could still make that look fashionable, with the help of a few key colour pieces.
If my bank balance would allow it, I think I'd buy everything in this, including the veerryy expensive 'Acne' boots. What I like about this is that by simply changing the shoes, you could change the entire look of the whole outfit.

Is this an outfit you'd wear, or do you always make the effort to dress up around the holiday season?

I have to leave the house to go back into the pouring rain as I'm going to go see my friend perform in some christmassy...performance.

And on that note, I'll leave you with this:


x

No comments:

Post a Comment