Monday 5 November 2012

We drink the fatal drop

I don't think I've ever really done anything like this before, but I thought I'd just make a short post about my 'go to' make up. I do like to play around with eye make up if I have the time/if I'm awake enough in the morning, but like anybody else, I have my set routine that is quick and simple (but still effective...I hope!)

Here we have it!


Items used: 

Face:
Rimmel Fix&Perfect Pro Primer - £6.99
 L'oreal true match (shade: C1 rose ivory)£9.99
Dainty Doll loose mineral powder (shade: 001 ultra light)£19.40
Eyes:
HD Brow Eyebrow Kit (shade: bombshell)£18
Bourjois Volume Clubliner (shade: ultra black)£6.99
Bourjois Volume Glam Ultra Curl Mascara - £7.99
Barry M Kohl Eyeliner (shade: silver)£2.99
Lips:
Yves Rocher Cream Lipstick (shade: rouge) £14.50

Since this morning, a lot has changed, and I'm not sure how I feel about this. 
For about 2 years, the bourjois clubliner was my go to liquid eyeliner. However, over the past 2 weeks I have fallen out of love with it and I rushed to superdrug to buy a different eyeliner. I'm intrigued to see how I get on with it, or if it's been a bad mistake, only time will tell. 

I had a bit of a mini 'haul' earlier today (my friend is useless at reigning in my spending!) and as superdrug currently have a 3 for 2 offer, I don't feel too guilty about being open with my spending! 


L'oreal True Match Foundation- as above :) 
L'oreal Studio Secrets Primer- £14.29
L'oreal Superliner Gel Intenza- £9.99
Simple Baby wipes- £1.35

To be honest, I'm happy enough with my Rimmel primer but I ran out of it this morning and as I love the Loreal foundation so much I couldn't resist trying out the primer! 

Am I the only one who prefers baby wipes over actually face wipes? If the normal 'simple' face wipes are on offer, I'll go for them, but I love using these baby wipes. They're so nice for my ridiculously sensitive skin and they're a lot cheaper!



4 comments:

  1. This is verrrrry similar to my go-to makeup look too. I always use Gosh primer, mainly because for ages it was the only one available on the high street, but I might try Rimmel or L'Oreal for a cheaper alternative. Also, your lipstick looks identical here to Pillarbox Red/121 by Barry M, which is amazing and ultra-lasting with a bit of Lipcote - just as a heads up :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been debating trying out the Gosh primer, if you ever try the other 2, let me know how it weighs up against them :) Yeahh I have the Pillarbox red but (despite owning many of them) I'm not a huge fan of Barry M lipsticks! I absolutely love the texture of the Yves Rocher lipstick though, and it was free in my Glossybox which is an added bonus ;) Thank you though! xox

      Delete
  2. You look amazing in this make-up! So pretty!
    Following you on GFC and Bloglovin!

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete