Saturday 17 November 2012

New York- Day 1 (sorta)

Hi guys!
So I'm writing this from my small top bunk bed at 5am after a journey that was a bit more stressful than it needed to be. We arrived at Heathrow yesterday morning and decided to have a pre-11am drink as it would be our last one for a week!
The flight was delayed for an hour and then after finally landing in JFK, we had a 2 hour wait to get through the border so we indulged in a few games of eyespy.
After finally making it through and getting into our shared taxi, I'm instantly reminded of how much New York roads terrify the beejebus out of me. I arrived at our hotel feeling very sorry for myself, vomited a little (damn illness that won't leave me alone!) and was delighted by our view of the Empire State Building from the window!
We both pretty much threw ourselves into bed straight away so no investigating has been done as of yet, but I'm looking forward to hunting down the first pretzel of the trip.

Hopefully the next post will have a few photos in and be a bit more lively, but for now I should try and sleep a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment