Monday 5 November 2012

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

Remember, remember the 5th of November. 










For those of you outside of the UK, you may not be familiar with Bonfire Night! So here's a very short history lesson; 
At some point in the 1600's, on November 5th,  a nice man called Guy Fawkes attempted to blow up The House of Lords with gunpowder. However, poor old Guy Fawkes was outed and his attempt failed and he found himself being sentenced to death. It's now a tradition for Bonfire night to be celebrated every on the 5th of November, and this usually consists of fireworks, sparklers and a fire topped with some form of a stuffed doll supposedly resembling Guy Fawkes. 

Every year I go to the same fireworks display, it's the only free one in this county and the surrounding county, yet it always seems to be one of the best- not bad for a tiny village! Usually I go with my Nan, however this year I went with my sister and her Fiancee and I thoroughly enjoyed it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment