Sunday 23 September 2012

Fame

In this month's Glossybox I received a sample of Lady Gaga's perfume 'Fame.'
Now, I'm not the biggest Lady Gaga fan...in fact, quite the opposite, but I can't deny how much I love this perfume.
So much so, I have bought a full sized bottle and given the sample to my mum as she liked it too.


I've been searching for a well priced perfume for a while, since I broke the top off of my-all-time- favourite perfume, Flowerbomb by Viktor&Rolf. 

I purchased the 50ml bottle and body wash/bath gel for £32, which really isn't too bad!


The smell of the perfume isn't usually what I'd go for, as I prefer sweet and floral scents whereas this is quite dark, and dare I say ...sensuous?
The fact that the liquid is black doesn't particularly excite me, but I guess it's the small little extras that count?

Rather than trying to describe the scent, I'll just show you what the general description for the perfume is. I'd say it's weirdly accurate:

The scent is built around three main accords: dark, sensual and light.

The dark accord was inspired by Belladonna, the deadly nightshade possessed by haunted beauties since the 18th century.

From this darkness, the fragrance evolves to a sensual accord of opulence, a fusion of dripping honey, saffron and apricot nectar.

And lastly, the light accord whispers magnificence. The rich floral layer of crushed Tiger Orchid and Jasmine Sambac embodies timeless beauty.

The accords work together to create a fragrance of floral and fruity elements, with the star ingredient inspired by Belladonna leveling out the whole fragrance and giving Lady Gaga Fame its signature as a scent.

If you can, get hold of a tester and give it a sniff yourself.
I, personally, love it.
I don't think there are any people who wouldn't like it, it works well at appealing to everyone!

Have you come across this perfume yet? What are your thoughts? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment